Sunday, March 28, 2010

Checked out…

No worries…not the hospital type of check out but the hotel type and even better off the grid type. One benefit, that is not taken enough of, of having you in-laws in town is the ability to hand off he kids and disappear and that’s exactly what my wife and I did this weekend. After an excruciatingly long week for us both we checked into a local hotel for a weekend stay-cation, we did briefly entertain thoughts of driving to Mammoth but a 4-5 hour one way drive somewhat defeated the objective of the weekend.

So Friday night we checked in and Sunday afternoon we checked out, interspersed with two solid nights uninterrupted, non alarmed night sleep, a massage, some more massage, some else doing the cooking, breakfast and in fact lunch in bed. The big black bags under my eyes have receded to a pale shade of grey and that ‘I am so freekin’ tired I have developed an eye twitch’ has gone.

I nixxed my long run and will be back in the groove tomorrow. After an month of trying to get it done in the mornings I have concluded that it’s not quite working out so I am shuffling things around and will be trying to get some sessions done at lunch time at the gym next door to my office, if nothing else fails I can use their showers and hot the foothill roads…we’ll see how it works out?

Oh an I am all signed up for next weekend so if you at the PCTR Sycamore Canyon come and say hello. I am only running the 30k, my legs don’t have 50k in them yet, but this is my first ever 30k race so a PR is in the bag!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a much-needed vacation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope to see you next weekend! Figured you couldn't stay away from the trails for too long. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at the Canyon. I wish I could have run that race again this year. Tear it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Sounds like the best. weekend. ever. I could go for one of those...and I don't even have kids!

    See ya Sunday - hope it doesn't rain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! My wife and I use Palm Springs for the occasional get away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After my weekend, I need a staycation *yawn* :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scott and I have the house to ourselves until Thursday. I SO want to do something different but we are both to tired to think up anything...lol.

    btw - did not post about it but I paced a friend during her first 100 mile Ultra AFTER my race on Saturday. My shift started at 12 midnight and ended at 4am Sunday. Slept 3 1/2 hours and then drove home. LOVED the trails at night. How I have missed them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. REST is always good. Bet you'll come back even stronger!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great place to relax, from looking at the site.

    I did something similiar (albeit much shorter) as well. Certainly nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.