November was all about race days and keeping it all together in between. As you may have read the Santa Clarita Marathon didn’t go quite to plan, that being said I did PR by 15 minutes with a 3:31 but was 16 minutes short of my goal of 3:15. Somebody suggested to me that a reducing it by 30 minutes was a bit much but if your goals are small your achievements are usually the same…either way I am over it and moving on.
Two weeks later I “re-newed” my ultra passport and had a wet, wild and wonderful time running the PCTR SMM 50k, you can read, well look at the pictures as I did not write a long report here. Recovery in between was as expected and was running 4 days after the marathon, albeit gingerly, and I spent the two weeks really just keep the wheels ticking over. I am a huge fan of compression clothing (during and after), chocolate milk and coconut water and I would say that these all contributed to my recovery…much more so than stretching of which I did none! After the 50k race I stayed out of my running shoes and donned fins and cycling shoes through to the end of the month
So as for the numbers, well down as expected.
- 214 total miles (-174 over October)
- 28:11 time, so about 7 hours a week (around a 3 hour per week loss)
- 86 miles running in 15:26 (September 160/21:26)
- 123 miles cycling in 7:52 ( September 219/13:40)
- 8,350 yards (11,200 in October, 5150 in September)
- Remaining time was
stretching, foam rolling, P90X Ab Ripperand a bit of yoga! oops!
- Longest ride 51 miles – 3:21 not the fastest ride but a nice hilly one
- Longest run 31.6 – 7:35!
- Starting weight 168lb ending 171.2b (from 187 at end of April)
- Overall with tapers and recoveries I had 10 rest days, so when you consider that the above is only really for 3 weeks it isn’t quite so bad!
So onto December, as mentioned in a prior post this is a focus on the pool and bike I have a goal of 20,000 yards and 500 miles respectively between now and the end of the year. My first Triathlon is in 93 days!