Saturday, August 6, 2011

Course Recce…

Headed out to recce the race course for my A race at the end of the month. Had a 10 miler on tap, so decided to combine race and course simulation. Weather was perfect, cloudy cool, slight breeze. Everything just fell into place:

image

Started to feel it around mile 9, after a too quick mile 8 I think and had a stitch during mile 10 but that was going by the time I hit 10 miles. This is my fastest 10 miler evah! And is a good 4 minutes faster than my previous fastest 10 miles, this is also 1 second per mile faster than I need to get my target 1:29:59.

Very, very happy with this run and if the course and conditions are the same as today on race day..well the planets could just align!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats o the PR....... hope the race leaves you pleased!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.