I am checked in and processed. The whole process takes several days;
- Day 1 drive here
- Day 2 packet pick up, expo (shopping!) quick ride, athletes dinner (skipped in lieu of a really good vegan restaurant) athlete briefing
- Day 3 Practice swim, drop off bike, pack transition bags wander around a bit and be surprised when it’s 5:00pm that’s about an hour ago now!
- The water is cold, the practice swim is such a good idea, it took a good 15 minutes to get used to it…now add 2499 other people and let’s see how it is!
- 2500 is a shitload of bikes! Let’s guestimate $2500 per bike, trust me I have seen both ends of the spectrum today; that’s $6,250,000 worth of bikes down by the river!
- The Beeline highway has been resurfaced…so smooth!
- There are 900 Ironman virgins at this race…including me!
Yeah I am a Hybrid!
Bags packed, CW top left, Morning clothes, Run special needs, Bike special needs, T2, T1…doesn’t look much right…
I like it simple
Bike drop off…it’s a shit load of bikes!
T1 and T2 bags
All that’s left is to apply the Tri Tats that I picked up…this is how you do it right?
Here’s the race strategy based on my LT testing;
Oh one other thing.
Ok after a couple of walks back and to the a parking lot my race GPS is working here are the links, the pc link is for the actual race, the others are for the App downloads where you look up the race and then me, 'cos I know you all have nothing else to do on Sunday
On a pc http://www.myathletelive.com/storage/races/2012/IMAZ/index.html
And a massive thank you to everyone...I am really feeling the love here in Tempe!