Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Knighthood Training Week 7

After overcooking it last week this week I was back on the straight and narrow. Work got in the way of any commuting and my mileage went back to the mid-120s for the week. I also managed to tweak my ankle and back…on different days! Nothing to do with the bike I fell up the stairs on Monday night and the mis-stepped off something and that locked it up my back on Friday. So much so that I had to jump off my bike and hit the foam roller for 10 minutes into the ride Friday night! Up until now Friday has been my day off but with a long day at a Track Meet on Saturday I knew that there was no way I would want to get on the bike at 6pm Saturday so I switched it with Saturday’s ride and that proved out to be a good choice even with a crabby back. It’s easing up now and I am looking for a deal on a Groupon massage for this week!

So this is how the week shook out;

Monday; off

Tuesday; 2x8 Min FTP Test. Increase in FTP from 206 to 209. A bit disappointed but it's moving in the right direction at least. Could be a follow on from such a big week last week and/or slipping on stairs last night and tweaking ankle? Following a total of 28 minutes of warm-up, a couple of 8-minute time trials are used to assess Functional Threshold Power (FTP) & Lactate Threshold Heart Rate (LTHR). The recovery interval between assessment efforts is 10 minutes. GC Data.

image Wednesday; West Vidette. Nice and easy 45 minutes of aerobic endurance ranging from 50-80% FTP. Fake rest day as last workout was 36 hours ago. GC Data.

Thursday; Smith. First ride of this with upped FTP, struggled to hit a solid cadence above 85 and keep the Power so dropped a gear and kept it in the late 70s, good hill climbing. Slower than the last time I rode this but generally feeling weary this week. 6x10min sets very close to FTP; 3 minutes rest between intervals. GC Data.

Friday; McAdie. Barely hung onto this, spent 75 mins hating it! 4x12-minute Over-Under intervals alternating between 2 minutes @ 95% FTP & 1 minute @ 105% FTP with 6-minute recoveries between intervals. GC Data.

Saturday; off, well on my feet most of the day but not on the bike!

Sunday; Out of the front door turn right! Road the first 3/4 of the Royal loop, then added Erbes climb and then reversed the ride coming home. Rode some hard and the rest was moderate. A mix of rolling hills and some climbing for a total of 2400’ feet of gain! Got to road test the new premium kit “Black” from Voler. GC Data.

imageimage

With another full week to go before the end of the month I am on track to hit a solid 40 hours of training and 600 miles for March! I have two more weeks on the plan and it looks like it will total up to around 1125 miles in total, then I have an off plan one week taper and the L’Etape du California at the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.