This week was a step back. It’s pretty standard practice to build for 2 – 3 weeks and then step back to rest and capitalize on the gains. It’s come on the back on a solid three weeks of 40+ miles each and also coinciding with a pretty busy and stressful week at work so it was well timed;
So this is how it shook out;
- Monday. 5 miles Recovery. I decided to have some fun in my neighborhood
- Tuesday. Off, check
- Wednesday. Oops missed.
- Thursday. 6 miles. Ran my local 6 mile out and back on a teeny tiny single track trail. It was much harder than it needed to be, reflective of bad week at work and not such a clever diet
- Friday. 4 miles. Fudged up the first mile with my Garmin and then just muddled through the last 3 miles…really blargh!
- Saturday. 6 miles. Another run on the treadmill, actually felt good for this one and felt that my mojo was coming back
- Sunday. 14 miles. After a tough trail run during the week I knocked these out on a local trail. I followed my nose and made up a nice loop with a fair bit (2720’) of climbing