As written about last month I became a Skratch Labs Taste Agent. As part of that I wanted to share some recipes as I make them from the FeedZone and Portables cook books. To kick that off I am going start with Leftover Rice Pudding. This is actually a well-worn staple in our house. I am a big fan of rice and having a rice cooker makes it so easy!
It’s something I have used as a pre-race breakfast but it’s also something that most of the kids will eat too…well you can’t please all the people all the time! It’s also something that can be flavored to taste and even used as a dessert!
- 2cups milk (any)
- 3 eggs yolks
- 2 cups rice (cooked and cooled)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dried nuts/fruit
- Ground spices (cinnamon, nutmeg or allspice)
- ¼ cup ground pumpkin or applesauce or jam
- Becca makes an awesome Raspberry coulis!
- Combine the milk and egg yolks in medium saucepan, gently bring to boil and simmer
- Add rice, brown sugar and vanilla, stir and simmer till thickens
- Add optional ingredients
- Serve and eat!
Yup that’s it super simple and super yummy! Give it a try and let me know what you think!