Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Tour of Sufferlandria Day 2 (Rides 3 & 4)

Not the easiest of days. Tired legs and a blown up PC added to the fun. Only managed two of the targeted three Sufferfest Videos as I spent well over an hour saving data and setting up a new PC to run TrainerRoad. I didn’t get off the bike till 10:15pm, adding another 45 minutes wasn’t going to happen. Like I said yesterday, I am doing this but not at the cost of race day.

image

I probably should have realized that something was wrong in the morning when riding the Best Thing in the World my PC froze and I had to guess where I was! After the ride I started copying some of the videos to a newer PC and left that running while I went to work but then came home to a BIOS error. I’ll spare you all the IT woes. I don’t appear to have lost any data so all I lost was time.

image

TBTITW is two 13:30 minute race simulations, no surprises its all work, pain and misery. Very much the core values of The Sufferfest. This was ridden at 100%, rather than dial it down. It was a best effort but well you know!

image

In the evening after all the futzing about I finally got on the bike around 8:45 and rode To Get to the Otherside. I’ve ridden this once before and knew what to expect, it’s essentially an endurance ride and is much in alignment with the last 6 weeks of training that I have been doing with TrainerRoad, it has a few Tempo efforts thrown in for good measure. Due to the late hour it turned into a bit of a long slog to the other side.

image

So day 2 of riding and days 1 through 4 of the Tour completed

image

Miles and TSS are accumulating thick and fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.