Two days post Rock Cobbler including a days rest. This was another double day and involved A Very Dark Place and Nine Hammers.
AVDP is 5 x 4:00 intervals- with 3:00 rest between each interval. Each interval has its own aggressive personality:
- Solo breakaway in Paris-Nice
- Small group breakaway in Fleche-Wallone
- Joining Gilbert and the Schlecks as they attack in Liege-Bastogne-Liege
- Following Cancellara – and trying to beat him – in Paris-Roubaix
- Holding onto Wiggins and crew in the Criterium du Dauphine
This I dialed down to 80% and managed to hang onto the end.
Nine Hammers has a different but strangely similar structure. It is nine VO2 and Threshold intervals, lasting from 3 to 4.5 minutes, racing with the pros including immersive on-bike and broadcast footage from the Tours of Romandie and Switzerland.
This one was dialed down to 90%.
In the end it was just over 2 hours and 33 miles on the clock. This leaves the final day tomorrow and then Becca and I are off on vacation for 10 days!