Thursday, April 7, 2016

New crack of the whip!

I've had my Cervelo R3 for over 5 years, I was the last year they used an English BB. It's rock solid and rides like a dream. The only things I changed from the day it was unboxed were the wheels and bar tape.

After Becca got a new Tri bike and switched out the DuraAce cranks for a shorter pair it seemed criminal to leave the take offs unused, especially as I could run them without a BB Conversion! I've slowly picked up all remaining components l from various stores around the world (UK, US, Ireland!) as frugally as possible and most recently switched the stem from a 3T Pro to Team version (+20mm longer).

image

I'm very fortunate to be a 3T Ambassador too and they provide the Orbis II wheelset. Anyway long story short(ish) all the upgrades were completed today and I think it turned out mighty fine. It's also just in time for Sunday's ride of the Mulholland Challenge ~130 miles and 16,000' of gain!

image

Yes I know the Vector Pods are upside down. The final configurations: DuraAce 9001 shifters, brakes. A 50/35 compact crankset with and 11-32 cassette, standard FD and medium cage RD. 3T Team; Fundra Pro Forks, Doric Seat Post, Arx Stem and Pro Egronova Bars (aluminium over carbon is much safer in a fall) with Team Tape and Orbis II wheels. Adamo Prologue saddle Garmin Vector 2 pedals.

It wasn’t a cheap upgrade with a Pro Bike build labor charge but it should add another 5 years to the bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.