Monday, January 18, 2010

Legs Akimbo; running and knee alignment

A little video taken after a session on my bike trainer last Friday. I glanced down and I noticed how visible the kneecap tracking to the side was, this is an ongoing issue I have, you can read my all about my 2007 ITB issues here , genetics and all that, and running only exacerbates the problem.

As I explain, running tightens your hamstrings, this can pull your knee cap off alignment and is often the cause for ITB issues and runners knee.  This is why I add cycling into my training programs.

Sorry for the darkness of the video but I think you’ll get the idea.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stuart,

    We just published a new technique for applying KT Tape for knee pain that is also used when correcting knee tracking issue's- you may have seen the Williams sisters wear this one when they play tennis. You might have a look and see if it helps: http://bit.ly/6WwhO6.

    Thanks,
    Jim
    Team KT Tape

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great resource!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.