Friday, January 29, 2010

A week in review…or a week of reviews!

Phew, wow what a week, sorry for all the reviewing, I got a bit behind and the only way to get through it was to shotgun it out. Still it’s all good stuff so if you have a minute check out. Anyway well normal service will now be resumed, I have a couple of thing left in my review box but I’ll be putting those out over the next couple of weeks.

So it’s Friday, how was your week? Get some good runs in? I hope so. Mine went pretty well. Monday I had beach path intervals, 2 mile warm up, 5 x 1200 @6:05 mile pace 1 mile cool down, I had heavy legs and the closest I got was around 6:29, I was surprised given that I had had Sunday off? It was inevitable my running has been on the up and up and sometimes you just need that body check to keep you in place. Tuesday I hit the pool, 1000 meters in 40 minutes and that was that, I need to work on my swimming endurance and style probably but I am book marking that for now. Wednesday late night in the office…enough said!

Thursday I was back on my faux track, the beach path, I had an 8 mile short tempo scheduled, 1 mile warm up, 6 mile at 7:05 pace and 1 mile cool down, Conditions were perfect and with little breeze the temp was around 65, the sun was out but there was high cloud, I really nearly almost so close I can touch it nailed my splits;

Thursday tempo

I finished the 8 mile run in 59:53, that’s a first for me a best I can remember 8 miles in under an hour, so I was really happy. I also got this awesome sunset as a finishing bonus. Interestingly, or should I say frighteningly to hit a sub 3:00 marathon my splits, each and every one of them. need to be at 6:51!

P1010628

Tonight I hit the gym, Friday night…it’s gotta be one of the quietest nights of the week, nothing major a good legs work out and plenty or stretching.

Tomorrow I have another 8 miles scheduled, long tempo this time which means a slightly slower pace and that ends Week 10. My Spring ‘A’ race is next week, the Redondo Beach 10k, I upped from the 5k to the 10k, for two reasons (1) I don’t think I have it in me to hit a sub 20:00 5k and (2) this race is actually the race where I set my 10k PR three years ago, my 10k PR is probably the worst one on my running resume so, while not making any predictions, let’s say I am looking to improve by some and a bit!

That will end this training cycle, depending on next week I think it’s been pretty successful in bringing some pep to my pace, I’ll be doing an analysis, of course, after the event. The next ‘A’ race will be the Rock ‘N’ Roll in June…there are a few things coming down the pike which might put this under some real pressure including a job change (for the good) the impact of which is hard to measure at this stage…we’ll see?!?

Roubaix shower cube The Sufferfest draw was held this evening, the answers were Walter, see this post and Shower Cubicles see the pic to the right from Wikipedia, the winners were: Wes and Kevin, email me at quadrathon at gmail dot com and I’ll send you the code, good luck and remember to post a review once you’ve stopped shaking!

And that kinda wraps that up. I have some more Giveaways coming up in the next week so stay tuned, especially if you have cold feet, sore knees and/or live in or near Nashville or Tennessee…all will be revealed!

Have a great weekend and those of you in the 20/20 challenge don’t forget to send me you weigh in numbers.

10 comments:

  1. Man, with a 67% chance of winning I still couldn't win the sufferfest video. Maybe next time. Thanks for all your gear reviews. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice workouts lately Stuart - especially the 6 at tempo! Yikes. Looking forward to seeing how you do in Redondo...do you have a goal? 42? 43?

    Too bad I'm running Surf City that day, otherwise I'd be tempted to make it out there to cheer ya on. Good luck either way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome sunset photo. I was wrapping up right at sunset Thursday as well, and it was spectacular. Even in Southern California we don't get sunsets like Thursday's every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive tempo run. That is a great view to finish off the run. Thanks for the giveaway, my email is on the way

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been really good with your training! Good luck at your 10K next week- hope you do get that PR! I finally registered for RNR SD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great week! Beautiful sunset pic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice tempo run, looking forward to seeing how things shape up this year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet! I can only dream of those paces. Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photo. What a lucky guy you are to run near that! Good luck at your 10k, I am sending you PR vibes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.