Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February finished!

Another solid month, and despite ending it how I started it with a cold I managed to hit nearly all my training days; one day sick and another for rest pretty much was my down time although I do now consider the Friday and Saturday swims as having some downtime during the week. Talking of swimming I am still hitting the pool four times a week and my sessions are now at around the 2000 yard mark, per my last post I got a page of observations and areas for improvement from my friend who watched my swim video and while it seems a little overwhelming I have plenty of time to figure it all out although I am sure the time will start to fly by!

My biking has been a improving slowly and I threw in a couple of TT efforts with runs off the bike and I managed to not experience the jelly legs of the first brick I can settle into a pace somewhere around the 8:00 mark. Finally my running is coming back into focus and I even managed to get out on the trails this month!

image Cheseboro Canyon; memories are made here!

So here are the digits:

  • 527 total miles (3 less than January)
  • 50.10 time, so about 12 hours a week (9 minutes more than January)
  • 71:75 miles running in 10:09 (January 57:58/1:19) Longest run 11/1:55 
  • 439 miles cycling in 26:06 (January 453/27:49) Longest ride 70 miles followed by a 7 mile run
  • 28,688 yards swam in 12:50 (January 25,525/12:35) Longest Swim 2500 and a wee bit faster!
  • Starting weight 172.4lb ending 172lb

Like I said another solid month, this is the third in a row, consistency is key!

4 comments:

  1. Your training is impressive and you are an inspiration. I am moving back to this area this summer and every time you post a picture of a trail I just get so excited to be that I will be running them in my near future. Thanks for sharing and good luck with your training in March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good article over at Beginner Triathlete on setting up a consistent training week. probably a little on the newbie side for you, but good reading none the less!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work out there. I envy the balance you're able to attain in training! After the marathon, I'm hoping that my monthly totals will be more evenly split among swim, bike, run like yours are.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.