So the good folks at Trusted Health approached me to see if I would be interested in reviewing their foot oil “Foot Massage in a Bottle”. Sounds a bit hokey I thought but I was game. This was underwritten by the fact that my feet were taking a pretty good beating with 3 to 4 months with mileage well in excess of 200+ miles and with many of those miles on trails.
Becca was also very enthusiastic. She was much more familiar with the benefits of essential oils which was what many of the active ingredients are.
Here’s my experience;
- First of all my initial worries about putting oil on my feet were unfounded, it is absorbed super-fast, even quicker if applied after a shower, I guess as the pores were opened? Anyway concerns about having to walk about on tip toes etc went out the window.
- Your feet actually feel “refreshed”, kinda tingly clean, it’s nice!
- It smells nice, not over powering just clean I assume that the eucalyptus, eucalyptol, wintergreen, peppermint, and spearmint oil doing its thing.
- A little goes a long way, the bottle lasts forever! Using those make-up-pad-removal-thingys you just dab it on, the instructions actually specify not to wipe. A bottle lasted well over three months.
- It doesn’t sting! When you have a cracked heel putting something on there that stings is not conducive to making me put it on there! It doesn’t sting! Enough said!
- It actually works, angry cracked heels be gone, well mostly. Significant improvement though!
So all in all it works, I like products that work and that are simple. The only way this could be improved is if the application was easier, something like a deodorant roller would make this perfect and of course reduce waste.
Retailing for just under $20 a bottle and with discounts on bulk (3 bottles of more) orders this is definitely one of those things a runner should keep in their bag of tricks!
Now I have two bottles to give away to two lucky folks, to win one is easy just tweet the following:
“I am entered the @quadrathon contest to win a Foot Massage in a Bottle from @OraMD”
I’ll draw a winner on the May 15th