Another easy recipe, the truth is they are all pretty simple and that’s one of the joys of them!
- 2 cups uncooked sticky rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon coarse cane sugar
- ½ cup peeled peaches (canned/tinned or fresh)
- ½ canned coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Heat oven to 350f
- Combine the water and rice in a rice cooker with a dash of salt and let cook
- While the rice is cooking mince the remaining ingredients, (I mis-read this and simply chopped up the peaches)
- Lightly coat a backing sheet with nonstick cooking spray or use parchment paper
- When the rice has finished cooking mix with other ingredients
- Line a small bowl with plastic wrap and press rice into shape. From experience you can press pretty hard was you want it to stick together and keep its shape
- Remove from plastic and place on baking sheet
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes
- Let cool and wrap
Chopping the peaches meant there was really not enough peach spread through the mix and also that it was ultimately quite delicate. Next time I will definitely make sure I mince them. That said the taste was great, very light coconut with a sweet hint of peach!
Over to you!