Monday, May 18, 2015

Golden Gran Fondo (GGF) Week 3

Week 3 is in the bag and as expected it was a big one. I continued with the TrainerRoad 8 Days in California challenge completing it on Saturday. Here is how the week shook out;

Monday. 28 Miles. Princess Stage with 5 KOM including steep ascent in last stage. Short sprint in first third. Fell off the back during the middle climb. Clawed my way back to front group and finished mid bunch. Legs pooped from yesterday's triple! Added an extra 8 miles riding tag-a-long with Becca as she finished up a brick.

image

Tuesday. 25 Miles. Only one KOM. Several intermediate Sprints and fast flat run in to the Finish.

image

Wednesday. 26 miles. 3 intermediate sprints and 4 KOMs, fast tailwind finish. Easiest day so far...which is good as legs are feeling it for sure, 176 miles in last 5 days. 

image

Thursday. 15.6 miles. Short hard TT with extended warm up and easy cool down.

image

Friday. 35.1 miles. Two big climbs and lots of intermediate sprints to keep up with the GC Leaders. Mechanical at the hour mark but caught up again. New 40k PR.

FullSizeRender (1)IMG_5706

Headed out to the Amgen Tour of California to hang out with the SkratchLab guys at the expo. A windy and chilly day but had lots of fun!

image

Saturday. 25.3 miles. 8 Days in California. Final Day. Lots of surges and sprints! Total count for the week 205.3 Miles 810 TSS.

image

Sunday. 47.5 miles. Got out later in the day as Becca and I were at the last day of Amgen Tour of California to hang out with the SkratchLab guys at the expo. Again lots of fun!

IMG_5770

A mix of rolling hills, flats and climbs. Hilly and windy to start. To become a better descender I need to ride down descents so I hit one of the biggest drops around here and hung on! Fast and flat 10 miles to a long climb home. Good ride...longer than planned but oh well!

image

So for the week:

8 workouts, 209.11 miles in 12:21 I missed my strength work (again), which I need to do otherwise it will come back to haunt me! I am really happy with the progressive build of the mileage. I am not going overboard with it. One more build week and then a rest week.

image

I am at 415 bike miles for the month so I am still on track for somewhere north of a 600 mile month.

image

I have a FTP test tomorrow so I hope to see an uptick from my current level of 206. It’s basically the same ride as I did on Thursday and I was able to hold 218 for the first section and 225 for the second…we’ll see!

In case anyone is interested all screenshots are from SportTracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.