Thursday, October 9, 2008

Be inspired!

This weekend is the 30th Anniversary of IronMan, this is definitely one of the best videos I have seen, it’s enough to inspire you to lace up your running shoes, clip in your pedals or rinse out your goggles! There's a great interview with the 3rd place competitor, Dave Orlowski, from the very first IronMan on The Competitor Podcast.

I posted this last year and it still gets the hair on the back of my neck standing up; tough times pass, tough people remain! Be inspired!

8 comments:

  1. I like what you said: "Tough times pass; tough people remain." Excellent mantra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! i borrowed the link to the video for my post today and gave u credit. AHHH loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm inspired! People who do Ironman are sooooo friggin awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that video. It gave me chills. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, these Ironman intros and the whole show really, is one of the best produced shows around about competitive racing.

    I still have last year's saved on my tivo and watch it before races to get inspired. AND - not ashamed to admit when they show the finish line, I always get a little misty-eyed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY inspiring! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, I am not an emotional person but for some reason this made me lose it. Every time I see a video about the Ironman it makes me want it more and more...

    5 year plan. Mark my words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I love the clip!

    Particularly the older Irons...they truly inspire me now that I've taken up tri-ing in my mid 50's!! You're never too old is my new mantra!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.