Monday, July 2, 2012

If it’s not one thing it’s another!

photo (6) UGH! This is not the post I was hoping to write, after basically taking 10 days off other than a bit of swimming to get my back and hip straightened out and parking any real notion of training while taking my boys on a weeks vacation including 15 hours spent walking around Seaworld and San Diego Zoo and Safari Park over 3 days I throw out my knee while messing about with my boys in the swimming pool. Nothing major but major enough to mean I skipped this Sunday’s scheduled 4 hour brick and spent several hours wrapping it in ice, thank you Moji!

With Vineman in two weeks, the fitness is seeping out of me and the weight creeping on, not the solid month of training that I hoped June would be and not a good start to July.

Post Vineman I have a week’s downtime after which I start a 17 week plan to get me to the start of Ironman Arizona.

Hopefully in one piece!

2 comments:

  1. Aren't hips the bitch? Excuse my language. Have fun on your vacation and wishing you a speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Hope it's minimal and back to 110% soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.