Did you just say the what for whaterwhat whathood?!? Yeah you probably did, so let me fill you in. Obtaining the Knighthood is basically riding 10 Sufferfest Videos back-to-back. Ostensibly it is 10 hours in the saddle, that can vary depending on which rides you select from anything between 10-12 hours and at a best guess 170-225 miles. If you interested or so inclined there is a Facebook Group you can join. There are several rules that have to be followed;
Rules for a Knight of Sufferlandria attempt:
- Please see a doctor. You’re not right and are in desperate need of help.
- You must do 10 Sufferfest videos, back-to-back. You can do them in any order you like. You may not do any video more than once. You may NOT include the following videos in your selection: Extra Shot or The Long Scream.
- You may rest 10 minutes between videos. No more. But less is fine.
- You must publicly record the event somehow – power files, photos, Facebook posts and tweets during the event to show progress. You should post them on our Facebook page as you’re going through the Knighthood and when you finish!
- You really should, although its not at all necessary, try to raise money for a good cause.
What do you get in return for your attempt?
- The immense satisfaction of having done something truly incredible and awe-inspiring and a little bit mad.
- A nice(ish) certificate with your name and the designation on
- An invitation to join the *very**exclusive* Knights of Sufferlandria Facebook group.
- We will verily then address your honorable self as Sir or Dame, whatever the case may be, from thence forward.
To what end you ask, well beyond claiming a fictional title for an imaginary country there is some purpose to all this, which is to raise some money from charity.
I haven’t identified a specific charity but it only seems fitting that it should be bicycle based. Right now I am just following up on a couple of possibilities of local Charities that support giving bikes to kids. Of course I am going to be asking for donations but I am also hoping to generate a pool of prizes that can be raffled or auctioned nearer or on the day, more info on this to follow.
Talking of days, the attempt is scheduled for Sunday April 19th.
So that’s if for now, more updates in time on the charity as well as information on the training plan, the training and all that good stuff.