I’ve missed a week or two but this is a good one to catch up with!
- 3 cups uncooked sticky rice
- 4.5 cups water
- 0.75 cup canned coconut milk (this is the canned version not the one you have on cereal)
- Juice of one lemon (or other citrus fruit)
- 1.5 teaspoons of coarse salt or to taste
- 6 ounces semi sweet choc chips
- 1 pint raspberries
- Combine rice, water, dash of salt in rice cooker and let cook
- When the rice is finished cooking transfer it to a large bowl and add the coconut milk. Begin adding the sugar. It should taste slightly sweet to you palate.
- Add the lemon juice to give it some zing
- Add the salt to taste
- Once the rice has mostly cooled, spread half across a 9” x 12” baking pan and press flat, sprinkle in the Raspberries and Choc chips. Gently press the remaining rice onto the berries to create second layer
- Let it set up, cut and wrap
I have made this a couple of times now and here are some thoughts.
- Don’t overdo the coconut milk otherwise it never sets
- Use whole coconut milk not “Lite”
- Putting in the fridge for 30 minutes makes it easier to set and cut
- Don’t make the rice layers too thick
- Choc Chips are optional, it’s actually sweet and sharp enough without them
Ok your go…