This is not so much a defined recipe but more of a base set of ingredients that you can add to to create your favorite cookies or bars!
- Skratch Cookie Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick of butter
- Optional…anything! That said I used fresh raspberries in a mid layer
- Preheat oven to 350f
- Mix the ingredients until they form a ball. I started with a hand mixer and ended up using my hands
- Halve the mix and spread evenly across a 9” square dish, lined with Parchment Paper for easy removal
- Throw in the raspberries and spread evenly, don’t squash!
- Add the second half of the mix, I actually rolled this out using Parchment Paper and rolling pin so I didn’t squash the raspberries
- Cook for about 30 minutes, until knife comes out clean, I ended up under-cooking these a little but the end result is a super yummy sweet (and a little salty) gooey cookie!
- Wait till cool, cut into squares and wrap
Obviously unlike other recipes the key ingredient here is the Cookie mix. Don’t panic! You can buy this directly from Skratch themselves, you can buy it over Amazon and you should be able to find it in local stores (think running/biking) rather than grocery.
The joy of this is that you can make it pretty much what you want it to be. Don’t like raspberries but prefer chocolate chip…no problem, howabout date and walnut; you betcha, cherry and coconut; easy peasy, green peas…well maybe not but they are a great source of protein! Anyway you get it…pretty much the sky is the limit!
Here is Chef Lentine showing you how it’s done…
Do these work? Can you eat cookies and run…well yes you can! I ran 18 miles at the weekend fueled on these and with French Toast Bars (recipe to follow) no problem!
So now over to you…your turn!