It’s Worth the Weight Challenge!
First a little background. Last month I partook in Viv’s weight challenge and managed to drop 6/7lbs which was great news and put me under 170lbs for the first time in a, well, long while, and I even got a free T-shirt for my efforts (thanks Viv, Tom and Amy). The competitor in me realized that this was the perfect way for me to get to my race weight to where I want it to be for the Fall/Winter racing season and to achieve that the best way would be to throw down the gauntlet and pull in some competition.
So now I present to you your generous sponsors who have all donated the prizes:
First you’ve seen me wear them, you heard me talk dirty to you about them, yes; Dirty Girl Gaiters. Handmade by the dirtiest girl on the trail herself; Xy, these are the best things to happen to trail runners since, well, trails! I have four pairs of mens and two pairs of womens to give away; receipt of these is conditional on you providing a photo of you wearing them, either posted on your blog or sent to me!
From one end of your body to the other. Tired of sweat running down you nose? Need to keep the sun out of your eyes? Want to look the sharpest runner at Sunday’s 5k, HM, Ironman or ultra marathon or just be the cool kid on the block, well now you can with the one, the only, Headsweats; I have five SuperVisors and five Race Hats to give away .
On top of that I have some Hammer Nutrition bit’s, some Cliff Shot Bloks, and a Cateye Astrale 8 bike computer.
Prizes to drool over!
I hope to have a few other sponsors coming on line (one has agreed and I am awaiting the arrival of the swag) I will announce them as the prizes arrive; of course if anyone reading this wants to pitch in please do so. I am not sure how I am going to divvy it all up but it looks like the awards will go at least 5 deep for men and women the more stuff I get the deeper they will go.
I am sure you will all agree that these are some excellent prizes and will be worth the blood, sweat, tears, gears, lengths, leks, hills, laps, loops, miles and pain. And I am sure you will join me in thanking the sponsors for their generous support a link to their websites is in the right column.
So here’s the skinny on the competition, the rules, all the other important stuff and the small print:
1. The competition will start Sunday August 3rd and will finish the Sunday after Labor Day; September 7th , winners will be announced shortly after
2. Email me your name, blog url and current weight before August 10th to: quadrathon at gmail dot com
3. Email me your new weight every Sunday, I will update and post the results every Monday or Tuesday
4. Weight loss will be calculated as a percentage, to level the playing field and maintain some privacy
5. Feel free to blog about the challenge to share the love and drive up the competition
6. Winners must post a photo on your blog or email it to me of you in your winner’s garb for publication here or by the Sponsors
7. This is the small print!
So that’s it, whatcha' weighting for? Let’s get to it!