Friday, February 6, 2009

Branching out...

I’ve been pottering around with this idea for a few months now and only recently have I managed to get my act together and get on with it. So without any real fanfare my I introduce The Quad Cast, the Podcast spin-off from the blog. I figured with this being the 100 mile year and all that it might be fun to give it a whirl and document it in a different format.

This doesn’t mean that I am retiring from blogging here though, it’s going to be in addition to and I hope it goes some way to supplementing the photos and videos that I post.

It’s taken my a little time to get it all together, editing software, hosting sites, iTunes and the like all have their foibles to learn so hopefully while the first few episodes will be a bit rough it should start to polish up over time.

So if you have nothing better to do than listen to me drone on for half an hour you can find and download it from here. I am waiting for the iTunes feed to be reviewed but will post that when it’s approved.

Please post comments good bad or anything in between.

PS Thanks everyone for you messages of support to my last post and for those of you who are interested #15 was the lie; clearly most of you know me far to well!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Quadcast! I thoroughly enjoyed it along with your honesty of what does and does not work.

    Keep up the great work Stuart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I like the name! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very exciting! i know a podcast is something i'd never do as i hate hearing my own voice, but i will definitely give yours a listen! Let us know when it's on iTunes too. I thought #15, but didn't venture my guess aloud :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, I'll download the podcast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool! i will definitely be listening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good stuff Stuart. Always meant to set something like that up, but been way too lazy.

    Signed up for the Malibu 50K yet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the podcast!! You are a great speaker and you never bored. Lots of good information. Makes me really miss all the trail running and training for trail ultras.

    Hope you keep these podcast coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stuart...

    Can't wait to hear it...

    Audacity - great editing software and it's free.
    Libsyn - good host, $5/month

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.