Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Skratch Labs Recipe of the Week; Quick Crusts

Ok this one is super quick and easy…clue is in the name I guess!

  • Pre heat oven to 350f.
  • Start with 2 slices of bread, I used Brioche which is super thick cut so I sliced it through.
  • Add a tea spoonful of filling, I went with a knob of butter, peanut butter and jam.
  • Add the second slice to the top, dampen the edges, this will help seal it.
  • Cut around crusts to press them together using a wine glass…I don’t like wine so I used a bourbon tumbler!
  • Brush the pies with melted butter or olive oil.
  • Bake in the oven at 350f till browned.
  • Wrap and store and you’re good to go.

As a picture is worth a 1000 words…here’s 6000 worth!

IMG_3290IMG_3291IMG_3292IMG_3293IMG_3294IMG_3298

Based on my ingredients they round up to around 250 calories a piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.