Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Plans…

I’ve alluded to my 2015 plans via Facebook and a few other places but here they all (almost all) are in one place. All of these are 99% are committed to. As I am not independently wealthy with kids at college I am sure life and work will conspire to throw a spanner in the works at some point, let’s see.

January; Calico Ghost Town 50k (Registered)

I raced this back in 2008, it was my second 50k ever. It’s cold and barren but tons of fun and a good benchmark for fitness for the year. Becca is signed up too and we’re discussing if I will run with her or not.

image

January; Tour of Sufferlandria (Registered)

7 days bike riding. This is going to hurt as I have ridden my bike 5 times in the last 5 months. It’s for fun and you can dial down the heat as required so other than getting pissy at being on the bike it should be fine.

image

February; Sean O’Brien 50k

This is the first big-ticket item of the year and my first time here. It’s the race that Becca have been focused on for a while now and we have spent hundreds of miles on these trails. It’s going to be a challenging day as the course has somewhere around 7000’ of gain!

image

April; Leona Divide 50m (Registered)

Another race I am revisiting, the last time I raced…well ran…well walked here was in 2009. Second big-ticket race. Becca’s first 50 miler so they may be a few tears along the way, not sure who’s though!

image

May; Grand Canyon R2R2R (Campsite booked)

A complete adventure. We’re camping on the south rim and running there and back again in a day. The last time I was at the Grand Canyon was over 10 years ago. I am sure it hasn’t changed much since then, but I am significantly different.

image

August; TransRockies Run6

Another total adventure. Running as a team with Becca, 6 days, 120 miles, 20,000’ of gain. Camping, altitude. A total unknown wrapped in a big bow of OMG!

image

Beyond that who knows but this seems like a good start!

1 comment:

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.