Tuesday, January 27, 2015

SOB50k Wk 12

This week was always going to be a bit odd. A pseudo taper combined with a race weekend and the Tour of Sufferlandria starting on the Friday! All these added up meant that there was going to be a 15 day block with no rest day! Here’s how it shook out;

Monday. 10 miles. It was a holiday so I didn’;t have to go out at the crack of dawn or the early evening so I went slap bang in the middle of the day. It took a good 5 miles to warm up but I actually felt pretty good at the end of it.

Tuesday. I haven’t been on my bike for months, probably 5 times since Vineman 70.3 last summer! So I thought I should do an FTP test. The result 216, down 14 points from last year…I’ll take it!

imageimage

Wednesday. 7 miles. Progressive speed work, all things considered this went ok. There is life in the old dog yet!

Thursday. 5 miles. Nice and easy…aka sluggish!

Friday. Day 1 Tour of Sufferlandria Elements of Style and The Long Scream. 40 minutes working on your form followed by 40 minutes of time trialing! My ass thinks my brain has gone numb!

image

Saturday. Day 2 Tour of Sufferlandria. Blender. One hundred minutes of a bit of everything, climbing, time trialing, sustained effort. That was hard! Feet up for the rest of the day before tomorrow's race.

Sunday. Calico 50k. You can read the race report here.

So for the week; 4 runs 9:12 and 52.76 miles and 3 bikes 4:13 and 68.17 miles!

No news on the waitlist for SOB so I may be running the Bandit 50k instead!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.