Wednesday, December 16, 2009

0.95238095238 mile per hour!

Well I would hate anyone to think that I was inaccurate! So you’re probably wondering what the hell is this, Stuart’s gone (more) bonkers! Well that was my speed to swim a mile, yes a mile, I swam a mile, that’s 1609 meters, 64 laps! Can you tell I am excited! It took me 1:02 and change, I would have had a more accurate time but my watch died; when I got home no less!

Let me let you into a secret though…so I had this dangling toe nail, trust me it bought hang-nail to a whole new level! Every time I kicked I could feel it pulling on its last vestiges of skin, then after the 22nd lap it stopped mostly, at lap 28 it stopped altogether and I looked and it was, yep, gone! Hooray! It’s been hanging on for a week at least! Then on the next lap I saw it lying at the bottom of the pool, no probs I thought I’ll pick it up when I have finished. After the last lap I went to pick it up and, oh the horror, it wasn’t my toenail it was just a mark oh the tiles…ooops, sorry Mr Pool Cleaner!

7 comments:

  1. Heh heh. At least I scooped my toenail off the bottom of the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your mile swim! Far more than I could do.

    So, after discovering that it wasn't your toenail on the swimming pool floor, are you sure that toenails sink? Or, is someone else swimming laps going to get up close and personal with the toenail? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you were bonkers long before this post :-) Ironman here you come!! and what's up with leaving somebody else to clean up your toe nail? Slacker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel sorry for that person responsible for cleaning it next..

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUART! you are insane! Holy Cow that is a lot of swimming. Will you teach me your fish ways?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAO, see, swimming is good for something -- you got rid of the dangly toe nail! Great job on the swimming -- keep it up! Won't say I told you so yet.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope a little kid doesn't pick up your nail, thinking it's a toy! I am admiring your swimming powers- that is a lot of laps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.