Saturday, June 5, 2010

Getting into the zone…

So I am working on my mileage base, lots of miles, lots of slow solid miles, I’ve worked out all my zones and so I am looking to be spending a lot of time in Zone 2 and 3, if you’re interested here they are:

1. 93-111 / 2. 112-130 / 3. 131-148 / 4. 149-167 / 5. 168-190

That’s going to work out very well in the short term with my lunchtime trail run which as mentioned before is all uphill turnaround then all downhill! This is the Sportracks data from Friday’s run of that route:

image Zone 2

imageZone 3

Looks like I need to slow it down initially and focus more on the Zone 2 stuff, I have worked out the first 8 weeks of my training, which starts today.

I finally made it to the end of the urban trail last Friday, and I was right, of course I could have looked it up on a map…but really! So at the end of the road is this! Jackpot!

imageOf course all I need now is a four hour lunch break!

4 comments:

  1. Don't we need them all? Four hour lunch breaks. *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your heart rate matches the elevation profile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just outta curiosity, how did you determine those zones? I've never seen a spread like that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll take a 4-hr lunch too! wednesday good? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.