Friday, January 29, 2016

Review; Vittoria Pro Trainer Tire

It’s probably no surprise that I ride my Trainer a lot, at least 4-5 sessions a week are indoors. I used to use my regular wheel with a regular tire on it. Obviously this wore out the rear tire a lot faster than front. When I flatted, in fact I shredded my tire last year I switched over to a trainer tire.

I did a bit of research and in the end settled on a Vittoria Pro Trainer Tire. My research was not overly detailed and was driven by cost and color! Of course red was a no brainer and the fact the 700x23 tire was less than $30 from Amazon went a long way to making up my mind! That said the reviews on Amazon and other places were very favorable and covered durability, overall use and cost.

imageimage

This was back in September. Since then I have put on 2000 miles on it. 99.999% of these miles were on my Kurt Kinetic Road Machine and the remainder on the recently sold Tacx Bushido.

image

The tire shows little wear and is not even close to wearing down the raised rails that run around the outside. Other key features I have noticed:

  • Gone is the light dusting of rubber over everything behind me
  • No squeak on the trainer roller
  • No slip on the trainer roller

image

I am tracking my mileage on it and will report back on when it finally dies. Right now that looks to be a long way out in the future!

In the meantime if you are interested you can pick one up from Amazon they’re available for $28.00.

This Tire was purcased by me! See previous gear reviews in the tab above. If you have a product you’d like reviewed, contact me at quadrathon@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.