Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Rock Cobbler Week 2

The plan I am following is high-volume and has me on the the bike 5 times each week for somewhere between 1 hour to 3.5 hours. Week 2 built upon week one with more time and longer sessions. I have also created my own 15 minute ramped warm up, this help get my legs moving and my cadence up. It’s pretty simple and ramps up in one or two minute increments. I usually hit around 4.25 miles by the end of me changing over rides in TrainerRoad I have covered 5 miles, it’s a nice round number. I only mention this as over the week with 4-6 rides it is another 60-80 miles that is added without think about it.

image

Monday, off.

Tuesday, TrainerRoad Moosilaukee. 15 mins warm up followed by 60 minutes of mostly Tempo & Sweet Spot work spent between 80-90% FTP with the addition of 3x2-minute Force Intervals with 2 minute's rest between them & 3x10-minute Strength Sprints followed by 6 minutes of Tempo work. Struggled with the 90% work, right hamstring is a bit tight. HR strap was not syncing hence no data.

image

Wednesday, TrainerRoad Warren. Just about got over today's hump! Much too late but needs must! Warren consists of nearly 2.25 hours of aerobic Endurance riding spent between 60-70% FTP. Added in form drills include Form Sprints, Endurance Spinning & Individual Leg Training (ILT).

image

Thursday, TrainerRoad Warren. Rinse and repeat of yesterday...because I can't read my efffing plan!!! 15 mins warm up then nearly 2.25 hours of aerobic Endurance riding spent between 60-70% FTP.

image

Friday, TrainerRoad Taku. Should have been off but this was a quick Recovery Ride to notch up the first ride of the year and 16k for 2016

image

Saturday, Martin Hill. A couple of miles and an espresso to warm up then 2 hours 45 minutes of Tempo intervals spent between 70-80% FTP with intermittent, 3-minute recoveries at 55% FTP. Hill climbing simulation so goal cadence was above 75rpm when seated and above 70rpm when standing. Definitely got scrappy towards the end but longest ride of the year!

image

Sunday, Finally got outside. Plan was 3:15 AE 60-75% FTP which would be 140-175w. Very happy with the end result. It was a straight out and back with a downhill tail wind so I was at the 28 mile turnaround in 90 minutes...of course it took 2 hours to get home! So a bit over the time but I am happy to lay it on thick this week as I am traveling for work next week and won't see my bike for 7 days! Now I just need to find my running shoes!

image

So a second big week with 13:37 and 236 miles. Like I said I was happy to pile it on this week and next week I am traveling and won’t have access to a bike or much time to do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.