Saturday, February 10, 2007

And so it begins...

So if you are looking at this you probably know what it is all about, if you don't, then here is the scoop.

The Trophy Case Quadrathon!!!

Basically the idea is that each participant will be entered into 4 simultaneous Nike+ challenges.

Most Distance / Fastest 1 Mile / Fastest 5k / Fastest 10k

Each participant is ranked within each challenge.

All of the rankings are added together and the person with the lowest score will win. For example if you were first in all 4 challenges, your score would be 4 and unbeatable. If you were 1st in distance, 20th in the mile, 10th in the 5k and 5th in the 10k, you would have a score of 36. If someone else had a score of 35 in any combination of events, they would be ranked ahead of you.

The standings are updated every weekend. The final winners will have bragging rights at being some of the most versatile runners using Nike+.

So that's the scoop on the Quadrathon, other than to say that the runners vary in age from the teens to over 50, they are of widely varying ability and we are all totally addicted to our Nike+. I have to tip my hat to our Race Director; Snow Crash and to all the other runners in this challenge who make it a lot of fun.

Each week the rankings are calculated, tabulated, formulated and regurgitated and posted to this webpage.

I have no real intention of blogging, I am far too much of a lurker, but this is an easy way to use the Frappr map, although I am sure to add some milestones as I head toward the San Diego and San Francisco Marathons later this year...and with that said I completed a half-marathon training run today, in fact I ended up a just over; 14.2 miles - to get back to my front door, that's the longest I have ever run and I am chuffed to bits, I was a bit slower than I hoped 1:50:56, I blame the last mile; it's uphill. I was shooting for a 1:45:00 but it gives a great baseline to start from.

Feel free to upload your photo to the map and add a comment, it's always nice to have a face to a name.

This is the link to the Nike+ community thread for this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.