Monday, April 27, 2009

Things that end in X!

Ah the joy of Express Post, with the pseudo ka-ching still ringing in my ears there is a knocking at the door and it’s the mailman with a very unassuming parcel. Yes my P90X has arrived, complete with 12 dvds that will, I have been assured by several people, kick my butt!

In addition I need a little calm before the storm; yes it’s detox time. Too much coffee, diary and all the things we mentally love but physically hate has taken their toll and so I start exorcising my toxin demons over the coming weeks; it’s not all brown lentils and fruit tea, how does spaghetti with pecans and herbs a side of wild rice salad with cucumber and orange followed by spicy baked apples grab you…sounds good to me!

13 comments:

  1. That's some good stuff right there! I did the P90X program when it first came out. I still use some of the workouts when I'm not running. Good times. Will you be doing a before and after picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you following a specific detox diet or just eliminating/cutting back on a few things?

    also, i've wanted to try P90X myself--heard good things about it as well. i think i have to wait until after my stress fracture's all healed up though. looking forward to hearing your report :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i so want to do p90x, but i don't really think i'd be faithful to myself and do it consistently. something about working out in my house just doesn't last long. i've heard lots of good things about it and hopefully you'll be bragging about the same!

    that spaghetti sounds like the best detox i've ever heard of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking forward to hearing how it is! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as I am feeling better from the marathon and this nasty cold that has grabbed me for over a week and a half now, my hubby and I are doing this program as well. Got ours in the mail last week. Excited to have a little butt kicking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know about mixing pecans in with my spaghetti, but the rest sounds good! Best of luck with P90X!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to hear about this program.

    ReplyDelete
  8. P90X...heard great things about it. We need a before shoot fo sho!

    We need a visual....

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you bring it, it will kick your butt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. See, now, coffee "detoxes" me every morning. Usually around 9:30.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dude.... I would have given you mine for nothing!!! That box contains evil, put a hurting on you kind of stuff.

    60 minutes of hardcore stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.