Monday, May 25, 2015

Golden Gran Fondo (GGF) Week 4

Building on the back of last week this week just got bigger. Albeit only be a smidge but bigger is bigger and it done with one less day riding in the week, here is how it shook out;

Monday. Rest. First day in nine and only the second on this moth to date

Tuesday. FTP Test. To be honest I was disappointed my FTP increased by a only one point! I am always torn by these test to ride the line which will result in a minimal increase or to go all out which it doable for the 2 x 8 minute test but then is not sustainable especially when getting into the longer rides. Still that said it’s only Week 4 so I have plenty of time to go. I extended the warm up and cool down to make it last 20 miles. I am finding that I need to have at least a 5 mile warm up to hit the ground running when I get to the first set of intervals, this is the same for most of the rides.

image

Later in the day I rode the new Sufferfest Downward Spiral, lots and lots of intervals and another 20 miles.

image

Wednesday. Pyramidial. 24 miles. 40 minutes of Tempo with varying intensity every 5 minutes. Additional 23 minutes easy pace to see the end of Stage 7 of the Giro.

image

Thursday. Smith. 25 miles. Smith is 6x10-minute intervals set very close together that all hover very close to Functional Threshold Power (FTP). I only managed 5 intervals, just ran out of time, #3 and #4 were standing climbing.

image

Friday. Sufferfest Elements of Style and ES20. Practicing on form and power.

image

Saturday. Mary Austin. 30 miles. 3 sets of 2x10-minute intervals consisting of 2-minute steps up from 95% to 100% to 105% FTP and then back down again. Rest between intervals is a brief 60 seconds while the recovery between the sets of stepping intervals is 5 minutes. V3rY H@rD!!!!

image

Sunday. Outside yay!!! 75 miles…well ok 74.97! Nice easy start was foiled by 20 miles of headwinds. From there it was some fastish flats along PCH and a big climb up through Mulholland. Nice quick descent down Decker and then a couple of pushes to get home. A bit longer than planned but it's all good! Practicing descending in the drops and I have to say it's easier than on the hoods! Who knew!!!

image

215 miles for the week and 620 for the month crushing my goal of 600 with a week left...maybe I can hit 850?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.