Saturday, July 2, 2011

June’s deets…

Pretty solid month:

  • 364 total miles
  • 41:22 time, so about 10 hours a week
  • 177 miles running in 25:37
  • 177 miles cycling in 10:54
  • 10 miles and remaining time was hiking, stretching, foam rolling etc
  • Longest ride 42 miles – 2:37
  • Longest run 15:89 – 3:02 (trail)
  • Starting weight 177lb ending 173lb (from 187 at end of April)
  • Three rest days

So as July starts I am actually 6 weeks into the plan and haven’t missed a workout, I was .25 mile short yesterday after a burpy/farty run (not good)! Other than that I am hitting the distances and the paces. I think I need to reevaluate the actual paces I need to train at as it was an amalgam of my target race pace and my last 5k, I have some family free weekends coming up so maybe I will find a 5k and see what I can do there to reset my 5k time to the plan. I am training using reverse engineered HM pace of 6:53 to go sub 1:30 but this actually gives me a 5k of 19:25…I wish!

For July and expect the volume to be similar, probably rounding things up a bit to 200 miles per discipline, the intensity will increase, the Long Tempo runs will get longer, the plan actually has me going up to 15 miles and my weekend trail runs will be getting up to and around the 20 mile mark so I should start to see some consistent 50+ miles per week. Of course the time required will increase, that’s always the hard one to keep in balance! So onwards and upwards!

And to all my American readers have a great July 4th weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Solid training month indeed. That's quite some time spent stretching and foam rolling! Good to see you take this side of training seriously, too. Time well spent!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.