Monday, August 10, 2015

Everesting Week 5

Travelling back from Ironman Boulder on Monday put a dent in my training at the beginning of the week so I just picked up on Wednesday and went from there, what was missed was missed and I know there is no catching up when that happens!

Wednesday; TrainerRoad FTP Test. Extra 2 miles warm up/cool down. Solid warm up session. Stayed with FTP line and increased slowly over last 7-8 minutes. 5 weeks on training plan plus 10 days at altitude paying off in spades. More info in this post.

image

Thursday. TrainerRoad MontGosford. 75 minutes of Tempo intervals spent between 70-80% FTP with intermittent, 2 to 3-minute recoveries at 55%. Extra 1 mile W/U and 1.5 mile C/D.

image

Friday. I had to drop my car at the shop in the morning so I threw my bike (well I actually laid it gently on a blanket in the back) drove to the shop and then rode home. A good opportunity to hit a few usual segments to see where I am, picked up few PRs along the way. TGIF

image

Jumped on the trainer in the afternoon too although it wasn’t a great ride!

TrainerRoad MountHope. 4x10-minute intervals at 95-99% FTP with 5-minute recoveries between intervals. Should have been 5x10 but right knee sore so eased up and spun through the last one. Super hot in garage too so actually ended up a bit light headed even with two water bottles! Learning to hate the new FTP already!

image

Saturday TrainerRoad Pettit. One hour of aerobic Endurance work spent between 60-75% FTP. Fitted new saddle (perm Prologue replacement for ISM trial Breakaway version) first mile spent adjusting it. Probably a couple more tweaks and it should be good.

image

Sunday was a Segment Ride. Three ascents of my Everesting segment today. 5200' over 43 miles. On the day I need to do 17 in total. Some observations; ocean wind blowing up canyon can blow hard. Descent will be cold especially when sweaty. Road is pretty dirty especially around the 8% hairpin corners! It's probably going to be really boring! Each round trip is 1:10 so I may need to reassess as this will make for a 24 hour ride.

image

All in all a pretty solid week especially as Monday and Tuesday were a wash. Just over 153 miles in just under 10 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.