Friday, September 23, 2016

Review; NeoCell Move Matrix & Collagen Sport

Recovery is important. Getting those calories into you asap after a big workout or race is important. You know that so I am not going to bore you with all the reasons why. For the far the past few months I have been using a different regimen for recovery and injury prevention. A combination of two products provided by NeoCell for review; Collagen Sport and Move Matrix.

IMG_7657

Both products contain and focus on the fact that they contain Collagen. From the web;

NeoCell - Move Matrix Advanced Joint Hydrator;

NeoCell Move Matrix Advanced Joint Hydrator provides scientifically advanced ingredients that work synergistically in the body to promote healthy joints. This premium formula supports joint flexibility, range of motion, and a healthy inflammatory response. Like all NeoCell products, Move Matrix is standardized to be bioactive for potent absorption and efficacy.

  • Bioactive neocell collagen type 2 - The key structural protein of joint cartilage. 60% of joint cartilage is made of collagen type 2.
  • Hyaluronic Acid - A water loving molecule that provides joint cushioning and lubrication, due to its ability to hold 1,000 times its weight in water.
  • Glucosamine, Chondrotin & MSM - A combination of building block nutrients that contribute to the formation of healthy connective tissue.
  • Move Matric Blend - A blend of antioxidants and herbal extracts that support a healthy inflammatory response in the joints.

NeoCell Collagen Sport;

The Rundown:

  • 15 grams Pure Ion-Exchange Whey Protein Isolate
  • 15 grams Super Collagen™ Bioavailable Peptides
  • Rich in BCAAs
  • Good source of L-Glutamine
  • Enhanced with Exogenous Amino Acids
  • Multi-vitamin Fortification

Doctor Formulated, What’s NOT in Collagen Sport™

  • Gluten, Wheat, Sugar & Lactose Free
  • No Artificial Sweeteners or Flavors
  • No Fillers or Synthetic Ingredients

For obvious reasons I can’t comment on the contents or ingredients and only really on my perception of the efficacy.

The Move Matrix tablets require that you have 5 a day, there is enough in the jar for 30 days. They not massive or particularly small. Easily washed down with a morning cup of coffee which is when I have been taken them. I found them easier to take with breakfast rather than on an empty stomach. Given that my training all year has been on the bike it has been very low impact, pretty much zero impact in fact. However it has been super repetitive. I am no spring chicken and anything I can do to be preventative in terms of avoiding injury is a good idea. My knees ache at time as do various other parts. I took these in the run up to my September Everesting and I have found that with the higher mileage weeks I could get train through them without any issues other than the general fatigue you would expect. I was definitely without niggling issues that I experienced last year during the height of my training.

The Recovery Sport drink was taken post ride. I was warned not to take everything at the same time as it probably wouldn’t sit very well. Mixed with a ½ and ½ or water and milk the chocolate mix is smooth and not overly sweet. Without wanting to sound like an advertisement for Swiss chocolate there was a rich silkiness to it that made it very drinkable. On very big days I added a scope of vanilla ice cream to it and that turned it into melted chocolate ice cream drink. Again from an efficacy standpoint having a recovery drink (or something) with 30 minutes of finishing a big workout is crucial in being able to recover and continue training and taking the Collagen Sport certainly allowed me to do that. I rarely take a rest day as from experience having an easy spin on the rest day allows me to come back at it pretty hard and taking the Collagen Sport certainly assisted me in doing this.

So overall both of these products were easy to take and I found them to work. There is no silver bullet when it comes to recovery or injury prevention and it’s usually a combination of several factors that combined allow you to avoid injury and consistently training at a higher amplitude. Taking both of these products certainly allowed me to do that.

Available online Recovery Sport retails for $30 for 15 servings so enough to last a month or so of heavy training. The Move Matrix is $20 for a 30 day supply.

This Product was free of charge by the good folks at NeoCell See previous gear reviews on the tab above. If you have a product you’d like reviewed, contact me at quadrathon@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.