Sunday, June 28, 2009

Uneventful…

And that’s how I like it, 72 miles and change on the bike, cool temperatures, cloudy skies for most of the ride although it was early 80’s by the time I finished. Drove through to the ocean so I could slingshot myself up the Pacific Coast Highway and back again.

Four hours and thirty-eight minutes riding time and a negative split by two minutes. All the vitals were pretty good; average HR 120, cadence 88rpm and speed 15.7mph, not super fast but north of 15mph and that’s where I wanted it. Nutrition good, hydration good, t’was all good, sported some new compression calf sleeves, which were awesome (review to follow). Only downer was seeing a Coroner’s truck on the side of the road! Took some photos but the weather nixed most of them. So starts week 5 of training.

Here’s the Garmin Connect data

16 comments:

  1. Great Job. I need to hit the Bike again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might have been an uneventful day for you, but I swear every time I stop by your blog I learn something new...today it was the link to GarminConnect. How did I ever miss that? I have a Garmin and never used the website. It has way better maps than the software that came with the G....GAH! (Thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty fierce looking pic w/ the bike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. uneventful is good sometimes.. usually means it's all good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great work. I am looking forward to the review. I have the Zansha sleeves and I wonder how they compare to the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a very solid ride!

    ReplyDelete
  7. doood, you are in long sleeves... Love the black socks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW that picture is cool looking stuart! Great job on the bike and glad everything went well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i also like uneventful days :) awesome job on the ride!!! i want some overcast skies right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a cool look going on - and um, great performance, too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dang, nice job Stuart! 72+ miles...that's no joke.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait for my first long ride again. I have been restricted to 2.5 hours in the saddle at most at one given time and you can only squeeze so many kilometers (or miles) into 2.5 hours, especially when your heartrate is also restricted to the Recovery or Endurance zone ... ;-) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. my rear feels sore just thinking about spending 4+ hours on the bike. nice riding.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stuart thanks for the post on my WS pacing experience..I saw a lot more out there than I described...can post more if your interested. This was very interesting since it was 28hours out there and offers different challanges than a 24hour or faster finish...Tony

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got yourself a pretty nice looking kit there from some Hammer friends. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.