Saturday, September 3, 2011

Review; Jack Black Dragon Ice

image We’ve all been there, achy, tired, heavy legs and we have all looked for the cure-all that will put some pep in our step for the next work out, so when I got an email from Jack Black about Dragon Ice I admit I bit and contacted them asking for a sample to try (and review) well that and the fact that the name sounded pretty cool! I fully expected to receive an iddybiddy sample size so I was delighted to get a life size 4oz tube of it!

Not wanting to waist any time I immediately lost it! Two weeks later I found it in our kid’s coloring  cubby, mistakenly tidied away but used as paint!  So from there I started to use it. I would usually use it at the end of the day, even though most of my training is in the early morning come the end of the day, my legs were still feeling tired. I shifted to then using it sparingly in the mornings.

On application the first thing you notice is the smell, menthol, now it is pretty strong but it does dissipate quickly and personally I like it so it’s not an issue. The other great thing is a little goes a long way;  a quarter size squirt is enough for quads and knees a nickel for calves.  It goes on easily is not oily or greasy and is quickly absorbed so sheets or clothes are spared. As with anything like this I suggest you wash you hands afterwards just in case you have the errant rubbing of the eye (or other sensitive areas) sometime later!

So it smells nice, is not messy but does it work? Well for me yes, I cannot claim that the restorative powers provide speed or endurance but it makes my muscles feel better, the immediate effect is a little hard to describe as it is not your typical heat or hot/cold but it is more or a warm numbing that seems to allow the muscles to relax more and from there I can go at it again the next day so for me that’s a winner!

In terms of the contents, they are listed below from Jack Black’s website:

  • Menthol warms to help soothe muscle aches and pains.
  • Dragon’s Blood (Croton Lechleri Resin), a dark red resin from the Upper Amazon, works to reduce inflammation, provides antibacterial and rich antioxidant benefits to fortify skin and protect it against environmental stress.
  • Beta-Glucan provides antioxidant and immune boosting benefits.
  • Canadian Willowherb has natural anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties.
  • MSM (Dimethyl Sulfone) helps naturally combat joint and muscle pain, and improve physical function.

One thing that specifically appealed was the healthiness of it’s ingredients all of which are certified organic, for the vegan they are certified vegan and for those of you with sensitive skin it is dermatologically tested.

A 4oz tube retails for $22.00 and is available through multiple Main Street retailers you can also pick it up through their website where if you spend $50 you get free shipping.

This product was provided by  Jack Black (and Julia) free of charge. If you have a product you’d like reviewed, contact me at quadrathon@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.