At face value A Very Dark Place would be a fitting description of my pain locker; a quiet house, I’m in the garage, the lights are off, it’s o’dark o’clock, the reflection of my Garmin providing that ghostly illumination of the grimace on my face as I adopt that 1000 yard stare gazing deep into the monitor with images that taunt me…
However the really dark place is the tunnel that your are led down with another ass kicking ride from the Sufferfest. This time it breaks
you down like this:
- 5:00 warm-up, with Asian racing footage from a member of the OCBC-Singapore National Team
- 2×30 sprints, from start line of the OCBC Cycle Singapore professional criterium
- 1:30 rest, because we’re not totally merciless
- 5 x 4:00 sprints- with 3:00 rest between each interval. Each interval features pro-racing:
- Solo breakaway in Paris-Nice
- Small group breakaway in Fleche-Wallone
- Joining Gilbert and the Schlecks as they attack in Liege-Bastogne-Liege
- Following Cancellara – and trying to beat him – in Paris-Roubaix
- Holding onto Wiggins and crew in Criterium du Dauphine
- 4:00 recovery with some vintage cycling footage
Footage as always is a mix of the best classics; local crits and some breathtaking vistas for the rest intervals. The
joy, the nice thing, the masochistic reality of each interval is that they each ask you for something different, climbs, sprints, breakaways, pursuits, attacks, bridging from the peloton to the leaders, there is a little bit of everything for everyone to generate that bitter, acidic, metallic taste in you mouth! In addition to classic races and scenery you get to hang out with the big boys; Phillipe Gilbert, Fabian Cancellara, Thor Hushovd and Bradley Wiggins.
Seriously though as the nights (at least in the northern hemisphere) close in and cyclists, triathletes and runners are relegated to their garages, dens, spare bedrooms or pain lockers the option for engaging, effective and realistically priced training on their ever most favorite piece of equipment; the trainer.The Sufferfest provides all of these with a nice bow on! Easily downloaded, although be patient it’s nearly a 3GB data file, you can be up and riding in less that 10 minutes from parting with the $12.00.
AVDP is the seventh video from the Sufferfest and, as with the preceding six, asks something different from you…the question is can you answer?
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.