Friday, September 30, 2011

September in the bag…

My numbers are on the upswing again, mostly from being back on the bike, throwing some swimming into the mix; a sign of things to come!

  • 325 total miles (+109 over August)
  • 35:07 time, so about 7 hours a week (around a 90 minute per week gain)
  • 151 miles running in 20:47 (August 149/20:28)
  • 171 miles cycling in 9:45 ( August 59/3:38)
  • 5150 yards (zero in June, July and August) swimming….yes swimming
  • Remaining time was stretching, foam rolling, P90X Ab Ripper and a bit of yoga!
  • Longest ride 35 miles – 1:50 back to back Sufferfests
  • Longest run 20.25 – 3:03
  • Starting weight 166.8lb ending 167lb (from 187 at end of April)
  • Three rest days…last one was 9/4!

A couple of notable highs, I nailed my marathon pace 15 miler, finishing it in 1:47, pulled in a couple of 10 milers at a 7:00 pace, I am getting closer and closer to clocking a sub 6:00 mile…haven’t done that in nearly 30 years and my average running pace for the entire month was 7:12! On the bike I rode back-to-back Sufferfests and talking of which I was inducted in the Sufferlandrian National Team...go team!

sufferfest

And so October begins…

2 comments:

  1. Great work, Stuart. You make that sufferfest outfit look good:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm trying to figure out what IWYMATTBYRMT (or whatever--I'm on my phone) stands for haha. Great looking kit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.