Lauren from On the Run Tagged me, so hear you go warts and all, I will try to avoid repeating myself from prior iterations
- Post these rules.
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them.
- No stuff in the tagging section about “you are tagged if you are reading this”. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Random Things About Me:
- At most I usually drink one beer a week, that’s it. I used to drink wine but totally lost the taste for it 5-6 years ago
- I have an insanely high tolerance for caffeine 3-4 espresso based drinks a day along with the same amount in drip coffee and I still fall asleep on the couch at 9:30pm
- Swimming with fishes freaks me out, I have snorkeled and managed to keep it together, scuba diving is a total no no! This will make open water swimming fun!
- My car has nearly 130,000 miles on it and I love it so much I don’t want a new one. It’s a VW Passat wagon but it’s comfortable has a kick ass iPhone stereo and tons of storage
- I have given up with voice dialing on my phone by peoples names and now assign them animals, don’t be surprised if you hear me say “Call Aardvark mobile”. Odd yes, works yes!
- I am the eldest of three boys between me and the middle one there is 2 years 2 months and 10 days, between him and the youngest there is 2 years 2 months and 10 days, our birthdays 8/28, 6/18, 4/8 cue Twilight Zone music!
- Although I grew up with animals; dogs, cats, horses etc I have developed and allergy to cat hair?
- I always make the bed when staying in a hotel in the morning, the rational is that you pack your case on the bed and so it’s easy to loose things when it’s all unmade. That’s my issue and I am learning to live with it #virgo
- I put my clothes out at night, not just my running/biking clothes but all of them!
- I hate leaving the house untidy; “what would the burglars think”!
- Despite drinking copious amounts of coffee I hate coffee flavored food; tiramisu is undercarriage funk from the devil!
Now to answer Lauren’s questions:
- Short shorts or long shorts? hmm compression shorts mostly which by design are longer, current favorite are made by CEP and reviewed here
- How do you recover from a tough long run? Protein smoothie with coconut water, chocolate mile and frozen fruit, hot shower and compression clothing
- Favorite brand running shoe? Since transitioning to mid foot running I only run in Newtons, my Sir Issacs have over 500 miles and my Distancias nearly 400 miles
- Longest distance ever run? 98, timed out after getting injured during a 100 mile race, walked another 2 miles then was carried another 1 mile and got in an ambulance, later found out race measured 102 miles long!
- What would you do if a rattlesnake coiled up to strike a couple feet from you? Act like a mongoose!
- For women – do you wear make-up? For men – do you remove hair from anywhere other than your face? Yes, road rash sucks, trust me I know, so I shave my legs.
- Do/did your parents, guardians, siblings, children run? My kids have run a 1k and 5k, they are only 4 and 7 and I would really encourage them to run more if they wanted to, right now they are all about the new bikes with no training wheels, which is just fine too! They have their fair share of Wii and iPad too but I love that they love taking their bikes to the park!
- How many days is your longest running streak? No idea, I have never streaked, I did run four half marathons in fours days? Does that count?
- Would you rather run in extreme heat or extreme cold? Cold, you can always warm up but it seems impossible to cool down sometimes!
- If you had to watch the same movie ten times in a row, what would it be? Inception or Sucker Punch, brain food or cheap trashy action!
- Vanilla or Chocolate ice cream? Vanilla…no brainer with apple pie please!
And now here are my questions:
- Finish this sentence; “Revenge is a dish best served…”
- If you could invite anyone who would you invite to dinner, (alive or dead) and why?
- If you could run a race anywhere in the world, which one would would it be?
- Sum up the bare foot, minimal running, normal shoes argument in a sentence!
- Early morning, middle of the day, in the evening? When is the best time? To run…get your mind out the gutter!
- Do you really read all those magazines you subscribe to, please be honest?
- What’s your favorite race distance?
- What does you family/friends think about your running/biking/swimming etc
- In the style of “Jeopardy” please answer this question “yes, at least twice a day, Alex”
- We all have our “Achilles heel” mine is my ITB, what’s yours?
- Stretching; do you…should you?
And now the lucky recipients, made somewhat easier by a reduced blog roll!
- Wes – A Code Geeks Tail
- Gretchen – Daily Adventures
- Tran – Think Tran
- Jenn – Junk Miles
- Laura – Frayed Laces
- Alex – Philosopher Runner
- Mike – Dirt Dawg’s Rambling Diatribe
- Mike – Michael Runner
- Aron – Runner’s Rambles
- Becca – See Becca Try to Tri
- Robin – Gotta Run Gotta Ride
Wow that was a long post!
All very interesting Stuart. I don't like swimming with fish either. As I age, that's one of the things that freak me out. Love that you notice your sibling's birthdays, numbers are so fun! One of my son's birthday is 2-11-2, another is 6-3-99, and my youngest is 12-3-4. I find this oddly fascinating, as I do your brothers'. Leaving the house tidy is interesting too. LOL. My mom and dad were burglarized, and my mom was aghast (besides being robbed) that she had left the house so messy and now it was crawling with cops. I try to leave the house tidy for a different reason -- in case I die when I'm away. Odd. Thanks for sharing!! That was a hard post to do when I did it. I enjoyed reading yours. Now my comment is just as long. : )ReplyDelete
fish and other wildlife are why i do not OWS. what animal is your wife? :)ReplyDelete
i get RW but am about 1.5 years behind on reading them.... sheesh. i need to just part with them, i know.
That is a lot of caffeine consumption...... no wonder you're usually checking in at Starbucks (FourSquare)! hee heeReplyDelete
Thanks for tagging me Stuart. I've finished my blog post and here it is http://michaelrunner.com/2012/02/tagged.htmlReplyDelete