Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Testing time

Now that the Gran Fondo is in my rear view mirror it’s time to focus on the next challenge. Before I embark on that I have a week of baselining my fitness, this actually sounds a bit fancier than it really is. Basically I ‘ll be doing a couple of baseline rides to give me sense of my fitness and a FTP test.

I opted for the TrainerRoad FTP (rather than the Sufferfest Rubber Glove version), a slightly extended warm up which I find I need and I was set. Just as a reminder after the warm-up, a 20-minute time trial is used to assess Functional Threshold Power (FTP) & Lactate Threshold Heart Rate (LTHR). Specifically I am interested in the FTP number as I train with a Power Meter.

The results;

image

image

An increase from 206 to 219, that’s a 6% increase in two months. A good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.