Friday, May 8, 2009

What's for lunch?

This was never meant to be a food blog but given where I am right now with detoxing and all that please bear with me?

Ahhh, no, bread no bread, no bread!!! Ok now I have got that out of my system thanks again to Christine (holisticguru) for her suggestion of a non bread alternative, lettuce wraps, so easy and so very yummy. Take one (or in my case several) romaine lettuce leafs, wash, dry, sliced avocado sprinkle of kosher salt, dollop of home made hummus and eat! That’s it and so yummy…did I say that already. For a change smear some Tofutti cream cheese on a leaf, dollop some salsa and you're away! To follow sliced apple, I prefer golden delicious, and some natural almond butter…that’s it, so good and so yummy (ok so now I am repeating myself) and not a grain of wheat in sight!

Just before I stuffed my face!
Enie, meenie, miney...yes all mine!

Up close and personal with hummus!

A little late for Cinco de Mayo...but whatev' still tastes good!

Have a great weekend...we're off to the beach!

12 comments:

  1. looks fantastic!!

    hey, are you doing the LAMarathon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really does look good. It's a good thing I have some food right in front me, post run snack, otherwise I would really be hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS!!!! :D Beautiful pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I did the "no white food" thing for awhile (no sugar, refined flour, white rice, potatoes...you know). It's amazing what you can wrap in a lettuce leaf (I'll leave you with that to ponder).

    For me...celery was also a godsend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmmmmm, I do enjoy lettuce wraps. Thanks for reminding me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious, even at 9am! :D Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious! Enjoy the beach this weekend. We're doing the same tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! Are they the REAL pictures? Nice j-o-b!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's my type of grub. Save me some!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that actually looks pretty damnity good. And I'm all about meat n' potatoes. Keep at it Stu.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh crap, I got all excited cause I thought you said, "Beer with me!" :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.