Friday, May 14, 2010

Blast from the past…

P1020450 I was going through some old papers this week and I came across this newspaper clipping from the Sports Pages of the Palisadian Post from July 2006. It’s a local 5/10k race that is held on July 4th every year in Pacific Palisades.

It’s about five months before I got my first Nike+and I made the decision to run my first marathon and about six months before the birth of this blog. It’s also a little over a year after we moved back to California from New York City and I started running again to drop the 50lbs gained in NYC!

And so 500 posts later, this is #501 I have a few more miles under my belt, dropped my 10k PR by 15 minutes or so and gained a few of the 50lbs back, I’m working on that, but the like the clipping says I am Right at Home and the adventure still continues!

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I am amazed to think of all the races that I have done over these past few years. THIS IS LIVING!! Blogging is just a way to spread the word :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. There's no place I'd rather be. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! Congrats Stuart! I'm going to pass the 3 year milstone myself sometime this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2006 was not that long ago . . . but the newspaper looks positively ancient! I guess it is ancient in someways, because this is also right about the time I started running and it's definitely interesting to look back and see the progress made. Thanks for your help along the way (again, more than you know!) ps I still owe you a SASE . . . it'll be in the mail this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch - heel striking and a shirtless + HR monitor combo? haha...

    Congrats on the milestone! You've literally come a long way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice memories. That's the stuff that keeps you motivated, I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so fun to look back at where you've been and think about what you've done since. Nice way to appreciate your accomplishments that you might otherwise take for granted or forget.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.