Sunday, March 20, 2011

2012 filings!

I knew coming back to work it was going to be a long week, I got a call while away telling me that, I also knew that most things would take a back seat, I carried a gym bag to work Monday morning and I carried it home again Friday, it hid under my desk all week. Not once this week have I finished before 1:00am I worked most of yesterday and a couple of hours this morning, add in my commute and my work week was north of 100 hours. Training time zip! Don’t get me wrong I love my job, after several career changes I have found my niche, but doing something you love that much will grate after a while!

Conspicuously absent online I even got a couple of pings from folks wondering if I was ok…gotta love this online community!

The good news is I managed to crawl out from under the rock, the bad news is that it’s going to be a pretty like this through to the end of June!

That list of races on the right…that just got filed under 2012! It’s going to be back to the drawing board for the second half of the year, in the meantime I will be fitting in what I can when I can.

Finally big kudos to everyone who ran the LA Marathon today…rain, rain and more rain!

image

Correctly the rain is this weather map is actually depicted in the way it was falling…sideways!

6 comments:

  1. hahaha... sideways.... howdy stranger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a cold hearted person so i do hate that your worked a TON of hours BUT you had some priceless time off before the sh#$ hit the fan. :)

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow flakes in CA?

    Hope you can find time to get your sweat on! Glad you enjoy your job but still important to have time for hobbies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 100 hours/week?!? wow. and that rain yesterday felt like it was blowing down, sideways and up. the LAM survivors sure showed toughness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great you have a job you love...sorry you haven't been able to workout in a while. But this is temporary. The load will lighten up eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It wasn't until Monday that I learned there was 4 1/2 inches of rain in Beverly Hills on Marathon Day. It was ugly out there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.