Monday, July 4, 2016

Amerithon Challenge

My race calendar is a bit thin through the end of the year. I have the Death Valley Century ride in October and that’s the last main event. Last year when I participated in the Run the Edge Challenge, 2016 miles in the year 2016. It was easy to accumulate the miles during the first 6 months of the year when I was training for a couple of Ultra Marathons. The remaining miles were added up through a simple step count. I wrapped up the challenge during September and I was done.

When I received an email from Run the Edge on their Amerithon Challenge it seemed a no brainer to participate. It’s a simple challenge, cover 3521 miles ASAP using any method possible! Obviously I am going to bike it and I added the challenge of completing it by Thanksgiving, the challenge started on July 4, Independence Day so I have 142 days in total. It boils down to 185 miles a week, which is doable. A 200+ mile week is a steady goal.

image

I received a nice medal frame and some swag in the mail this week including a nice map and stickers for a Passport. There’s a super supportive Facebook group where people are asking questions and cheering everyone on.

image

I’ll update as I go, probably as I accumulate each piece of the medal. So with that said it is wheels down and away we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.