Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Review; Bellecore HoneyBelle Bodybuffer

I first came across the Bellecore HoneyBelle Bodybuffer on Instagram and reached out to company for me details, they were very kind enough to send me one to try and so after having a few months and putting it through its paces it’s time to write up the review.

There are four main areas that the body Buffer addresses;

  1. The appearance of cellulite
  2. Improves muscle performance recovery
  3. Reduces edema and helps speed recovery
  4. Creates soft silky skin

Obviously I was much more interested in #2 and #3 and well if #1 and #4 worked that would be a nice by-product…hell, beach weather is coming!

As mentioned I have used this for a couple of months now and really only have good things to say. It’s one of those things that is super simple to use and works…and those things, in my opinion, are the best things!

There’s no real way of describing it any better than saying it’s essentially an orbital sander (without the sanding, ‘cos well, you know, that would be bad) for your muscles and skin. There is a rotating disc which goes beyond just rotating as it zigzags across your muscles. The random zigzagging reduces the heat friction you would experience from the rotation alone and does a great job of freeing off your muscles after a heavy workout. I have used this after workouts that range from from a one hour run to my Sufferfest Knighthood ride in April which was 12 hours on the bike/trainer. It’s also proved very useful when my legs have just felt tired or when I have skimped on my stretching and everything feels tight. In those circumstances it’s not the same day when you feel it and appreciate the BodyBuffer it’s the next day or even the day after that! It’s also a useful tool before a workout, to loosen things up some, especially helpful on those cold mornings or when you have worked out the night before and it’s less than 12 hours later!

Inside the box you get the BodyBuffer, two toweling head covers which can be washed, an instructional DVD and instructions booklet and a tube of vegetable based crème to help with the exfoliating and smooth skin process. I have not used the crème yet. Additionally it comes with a nice bag to keep all the bits together, it’s really annoying when you have a box of stuff and the box gives out and then you have to find something to keep it all together…#virgo! 

photo 7 photo 1 photo 2 photo 3 photo 4 photo 5 photo 6 image

With a house with two training triathletes, two dogs and four kids and when time is limited having a tool like this is a great advantage. Setting it up is easy; you plug it in and it’s an investment of 10-15 minutes that can make all the difference in your training and recovery. There’s no doubt that adding it to your “before bed” routine will help although I wouldn’t suggest you do it while you’re brushing your teeth. Kinda like the patting your head and rubbing your tummy at the same time..getting buffing and brushing muddled will only end in tears! Finally get your partner in on the act, this really could be a case of you rub my back and I will rub yours, as you can see in the photo above I recruited Becca on my legs, in case you were wondering if I had freakishly long arms and girly wrists!

Available to buy online directly from BelleCore you can also find them at other outlets including Amazon and the like. They retail for $395 or there is a travel option, which is slightly smaller for $295. Shop around for discounts. Not the cheapest thing you will add to your tool box but one you will certainly get a lot of use from, use it everyday for a year and that’s less than $1.10 a day!

This product  was provided free of charge by the good folks at BelleCore. See previous gear reviews in the menu above. If you have a product you’d like reviewed, contact me at quadrathon@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.