Friday, January 24, 2014

Tour of Sufferlandria Day 1 (Rubber Glove)

Unless you have been hiding under a rock you will know that I am big fan of The Sufferfest, so given that my plan has changed to remove IMSG it seemed only natural that I should sign up for the Tour of Sufferlandria.

imageBilled as The World's Toughest Indoor Cycling Tour it seemed a perfect fit. It is in fact a charity event raising money for the Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinsons. Staged over 9 days it basically involves riding one, sometimes two, Sufferfest Videos a day. The first day was Rubber Glove. I have yet to write a review of Rubber Gove but it is a FTP Test, a steady warm up over 30 minutes followed by the test which is a solid 20 minutes, suffice to say, it’s not easy!

As mentioned earlier I have moved my Stages Power Meter onto my Cervelo so this was a good chance to reset and/or reset my FTP. Here’s the output!

image After a solid hour I managed to up my FTP from 203 to 205! Not much of an increase but that last time I was tested was only 3 weeks ago, two days before I crashed! Needless to say it’s not pretty!

image  image

This sets the stage for the rest of the week, tomorrow is ISLIGIATT, two hours of climbing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.