Thursday, March 12, 2015

Skratch Labs Recipe of the Week; Chocolate Bread Pudding

This is follow on recipe from last week’s Quick Crusts. Follow on in as much as you use all the bread that is cut off. So as I used brioche I get brioche bread pudding…can you say nom nom!

Ingredients

  • 2 cups cubed bread
  • 4 eggs beaten
  • ¼ cup sugar
  • ½ cup almond milk
  • ½ cup chocolate chips melted
  • 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
  • Splash of cinnamon
  • ½ cup chopped banana

Method

  • Preheat oven to 350f
  • Combine all ingredients except bread in bowl, add cubes and allow to soak until cubes, if required add a splash of milk
  • Pour into prepared pan and bake for 3-45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean

IMG_3370image

I have made this twice, once with chocolate chips and once without (we have a non-chocolate eating kid in the house). The chocolate ships I had would not melt so I just threw them in the mix. To be honest I preferred the latter, the banana taste is clean and sweet. When you cut it into 2”x 1” portions it’s moist and easy to chew and swallow!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to try this. Sounds great.

    Jody
    andbabymakes6.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.